Friday, July 13, 2007

Quickie update....

A WHOLE NEW LOOK ON MY BLOG!

I know i've seriously had a deficiency in knitting updates, but I promise... I'll have a picture soon! I've been quite busy with work & babysitting (yes, that last word requires a groan. But hey, it's more money in my rather empty pocket.)

I just finished two books this week: Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix, in time for the movie that i'll see tonight (another reason why i keep not having enough knitting time) and finally, Tuesdays with Morrie, which I just finished a second ago. I highly recommend both books. Tuesdays with Morrie is definately worth your attention, and is a very quick read. I mean, it's only 190 pages long, yet jam-packed with inspirational tid-bits & advice for a meaningful life!

I'm thinking of compiling a "most-read" list for any reader fans out there; however, I don't have much time right now to post the non-knitting related ones, but here is a few "most-read" for knitters (not including pattern books, magazines or stitchionaries):


~~My star ratings, out of 5~~
1 star= bad... don't waste your money & time. I can't believe this sells.
2 stars= Ok, but probably wouldn't touch it again...once is enough.
3 stars=Good-pretty good. I had a good time. It was a mixture of ups and downs. I'd probably read it again later on when I have some spare time.
4 stars="What a good book!" It's definately on my must-read-again list.
5 stars="WOW! I love it! I would highly recommmend this book. (In the category of a life-changing book for some genres.) This is a staple to my bookshelf.


-Yarn Harlot (5 stars)
-Knit One, Kill Two (5 stars)
-Needled to Death (4 stars)
-A Deadly Yarn (4 stars)
-A Killer Stitch (3.5 stars)
-Knitlits 1-3(stories average 3.5 stars)


Real Pictures soooooooooon! Sorry for the wait.


2 comments:

KnittingHawkeye said...

The socks are for my friend Melissa, not me. =P You don't own ANY black lingerie???? wow. . .

Anonymous said...

definitely isn't definately.


ok?