Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's almost like dying, or something.

Uh.................. *Crash*

I find it amazing that one could feel completely fine one day, and than completely miserable and approaching the "deathbed" the next. And to think it only started with a couple coughs. I assumed it was from finally vacuuming my room. I was so wrong.

You may wonder why the heck I'm actually on the computer writing these rants to you all, in this condition, but honestly...I can't stand lying down for any more minutes. It stinks.
My head hurts. My body aches. My cough rips open my trechea, esophagus...chest...whatever technical. Next is the constant party in your throat that doesn't stick around long enough for you to get to the sink, to bring them a drink. What jerks. My eyes are plastered to a half-open look, and cannot be solved with a few decent minutes of sleep.

I'll say it. I made some bad choices this weekend...sleeping in on Friday (no class), partying at two bars; taking a "nice" and "lazy" saturday, while I catch up on stuff I need to do, knitwise: taking pictures of the finished product of my sockclub sock, fixing & pdf-ing the pattern, etc.

Now, I'm left with bad luck, and piles of reading assignments
(while being perfectly on schedule reading all last week)...with no braincells & energy to do it. C'est la vie, I guess. C'est la vie.

5 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Oy, I hate feeling like that!

Hope you feel better soon!

Alyssa said...

Feel better...there's def something going around blogland

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!

CassieMarie said...

I hope you feel better, maybe you can get that man of yours to get you some ginseng tea mixed with some honey, that's what I always did with a bad cough, that and I always found it helps me to sleep 'propped up' on the couch. Feel better! :(

Happily Knit said...

Ufff da, I hope you feel better! Lazy days are great (while they're happening) but I always feel the same way after they're over. At least you're not alone on this one!

You know...I just re-read your symptoms and realized that I described mono almost exactly the same way last year to someone. I think I referred to it as "death on a stick" or something. I really really really hope that's not what it is, but maybe if you don't start feeling better soon, hit up WebMd(or a real doctor!)