Sunday, May 04, 2008

A perfectly normal Saturday evening

So, ok. I guess spending an hour in the ER isn't that normal, I guess.

For a couple of days, I've had a grey blotch in my right eye (not the clear "floater" circle with a grey strand) that moves everytime my right eye moves. I've read that it could be "vitreous fluid/floaters" or a detached retina. I definitely didn't want to sit around and get the latter, so I went to the ER tonight to get it checked out. The doctor and his intern (oh God, I thought she was going to give me the exam) looked it over, and decided that since my peripheral vision is fine, and I don't have headaches or sensitivity...it most likely is the "vitreous floater," a protein fluid inside your eye that will slowly get dissolved within a few more days. If it doesn't go away by Tuesday or Wednesday, it's back to the doctor again (maybe a slight detachment). You have no idea how weird I felt walking into an ER while looking absolutely normal, despite the grey spots.
Pray that it's just the darn fluid. The doc calls them "ghosts."
I hate ghost stories.

2 comments:

CassieMarie said...

Yikes!
Things that happen inside of your eyes do not sound like fun!
Sending 'dissolving' thoughts your way. :)
--Cassie

KnittingHawkeye said...

I went to the ER last year for trouble swallowing and a cold sore. We were put in a back room and waited for a long time. Fun Fun. . . . =/