Thursday, June 04, 2009

The A-Z Authors project

I've said it a dozens times, and I'll say it again. I'm crazy. I get little ideas in my head, and sometimes it's impossible to let them go. I've got the insane notion that it would be amazing to read not just 26 books within a year or two, but 26 different authors...starting with different letters...while still hitting various sub-genres of fiction & nonfiction, like: mystery, sci-fi, romance, comic/anime, biography/autobiography, how-to's, crafts and even western (eek!). The idea is the branch-out a little bit. Explore possibilities. I just finished the book "Julie & Julia," so I guess this is a little like Julie Powell's project. But not.

Readings started March '09:
A: ARMSTRONG: Bitten ("Fiction"//romance, fantasy//vampires, werewolves; Read March '09?)
B: BRETTON: Casting Spells ("Fiction"//craft-fiction// knitting, vampires & magic; Read April '09)
C: COYLE: Through the Grinder and Latte Trouble ("Fiction"//cozy mystery//coffeehouse; Read May '09)
D: DUBLANCA: Waiter Rant ("Nonfiction"//food//waiter, restraunt, comedy; read June '09)
E
F:
G:
H:
I:
J:
K:
L:
M:
MYRON: Dewey the Library Cat ("Nonfiction"//animals//cat; Read April '09) MEYER: Breaking Dawn and New Moon and Eclipse ("Fiction"//romance//vampires, werewolves; Read January-March '09)
N:
O: O'BRIEN: Wesley the Owl ("Nonfiction"//animals//barn-owl; Read April '09?)
P: PEPPERBERG: Alex & Me ("Nonfiction"//animals//parrot & scientist; Read May '09) POWELL: Julie & Julia ("Nonfiction"//cooking// Read in May'09) PEARL-MCPHEE: Things I learned from Knitting & Yarn Harlot Casts-off ("Fiction"//craft-fiction//knitting; Read May '09)
Q:
R: REICHL: Garlic and Sapphires ("Nonfiction"//cooking//restuarant food-critique; Read June '09)
S: SEFTON: Drop Dead Stitch ("Fiction"//knitting mystery; Read July '09)
T:

U:
V:
W:
X:
Y:
Z:


This will become the main archive for this project, so bare with the "bareness" for the time being. Please feel free to suggest great authors with not-so-common last names, like X,Y,Z, and the like that are "must-reads." Also, if you would like to join this "A-Z Authors Project," definitely holler below and feel free to link your blog's A-Z authors project post(s).

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Hummmm interesting, I'll have to think about joining you!!
Vicki

Nannette said...

Interesting project! I may have to steal your idea. If you don't have a "G" author, might I suggest Neil Gaiman (a current favorite).