Tuesday, March 15, 2016

FO: 2x2 Premier Yarns Socks

I am pleased to announce that I have completed my 2x2 socks with a stockinette foot. They fit great, and I am very happy with the colorwork print from the yarn.

One of the group members from my Knitting Up a Storm, the blog group page told me that premier yarns made a blurb about this WIP on 3/14!

I am beyond estatic.  I mean, they were WIP's! Is it bad that I secretly hope they gift me yarn? ;) A girl can dream, huh?

Pattern: none... just "vanilla socks" with 2x2 ribbing on the leg portion
Needles: size US 1 (2.25 mm) Addi Turbo circular needle (approx. 40'')
Yarn: Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight Prints (Merino/Bamboo blend); Colorway: mint. You can buy this at Hobby Lobby.
2 skeins used with almost 200 yds each left.
Method: Top-down, 2-at-a-time (Magic Loop)
Notes: 64sts, 2x2 ribbing leg (5.25''), slip stitch heel (2.5''), stockinette foot.

Here's some close-ups of the yarn:
 
I really like the print for this yarn. It's not perfect like Opal Yarn, but a fine alternative budget-wise. 

 On to work on the start of my second "LT Sock" (to un-orphan the first sock from many years ago)...

No comments: