Thursday, September 08, 2016

FO: Bee Stitch Dish Cloth and some WIPs

I came across the Bee Stitch on the internet about a week ago, and couldn't resist giving it a try for some fall dish cloths. The Stitch is really beautiful...it's a shame my camera really couldn't capture it's real texture essence in this color.
The Bee Stich is mostly just gartering. The only difference is the places where you see the deep V's, you knit below that stitch. So, in 4 whole rows in the pattern, you knit below a stich every other stitch for two rds and the rest is simply knit straight.
I made a Hobby Lobby trip to find fall colored cotton yarn for this project. I will knit one Bee Stitch Cloth per color. Hobby Lobby was running a sale on a lot of yarns and these were under two bucks each. The only downside is that the yarn is rather splitty.
The first one was knit to a 9x9 inch size. I might cut down 3 sts for the next two colors. Maybe.

Pattern: Bee Stitch Cloth (my own)
Yarn: Crafter's Secret Cotton (a little more than half a ball used--approx 70 yds used)
Needles: US 7 

I have been really keeping busy knitting while the boys are in Kindergarten. I am slowing working on my Seed Stitch Bath Rug that will look like this when it's finished.  It's so large right now (and the needles are a beast), that I am pushing myself to knit 4 rows each day so that it eventually gets finished. It's really just a back-burner project. 

I am still working on my carnival sock. Another back-burner project for my purse, but almost done. I have about 3 more inches before the toe decreases.

I am also working on the first Flax Light sweater for twin #1:
I am itching to start my own adult Flax Light in a pumpkin colored yarn that I recently bought in sport weight. HOWEVER, I should be finishing this fall cardigan though!
This is an old picture. I left off last year around the hips. It will have afterthought pockets and a button band or zipper installed. I haven't decided yet.

No comments: